Tuesday 17 December 2013

A thought on Hemingway

I have just started reading Hemingway's "To Have and Have Not". Hemingway has been my favourite since I was in Class 11 and He has never disappointed me. He is so lucid yet dramatic. The opening chapter of this book, made me wonder, that why haven't any of his novels been made into movies? You can almost imagine the scenes visually as you read through.
Or is it that there are movies made from his stories and I am not aware of it? please do let me know if there are any.  

2 comments:

Rajarshi said...

I think "For Whom the Bell Tolls" have been made into a movie.

Sriranjani said...

Oh yes Rajarshi, Thanks for reminding me. That completely slipped my mind. I think that is the only Hemingway book made into a movie.

Thanks for commenting.

Regards,
Sriranjani.