Wednesday 16 April 2014

A Not So Happy Holiday

I knew holidays were supposed to be enjoyed. Well that is I think, only one part of the sentence. The complete sentence would be: Holidays in the wild (and architecturally beautiful) places are fun and enjoyable. I am on a trip since the 10th of this month. Six days and we feel that this thing is going on forever and we are not really having a very good time.

Daddy and I made the mistake of planning a trip in this weather. To make it worse we came all the way to Maharashtra, and to big cities. Pune: terribly hot and dry gave us a warm welcome, literally so with cracked lips and nose bleeding. Mumbai, hot again, and extremely humid, is draining us of all energy, by making us sweat, buckets.

I still have two more days to go in this big city of Mumbai which apparently never sleeps. Whatever may be the charm of these big cities, I can never understand, and I don't really want to. After being in five big cities and knowing three of them very closely, I can shout my lungs out and say, "I hate big cities." Though I might write another post, about the trip in details, right now, I don't mind being judged for throwing my hands and legs out and throwing tantrums because I just want to be back home.

There is nothing like home and there is nothing like my small hometown Durgapur. It might be a little behind all these big cities, but it is peaceful and makes me happy. No matter what, It is home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being a resident of Pune for the last 2 years, i realized how incredibly hot Pune can be only this year. Staying in the top floor with the roof above makes my life a burning hell in the afternoons!

Regarding cities, Puneities don't like the constant hustle bustle of Mumbai (The Mumbai locals are a perfect example), while Mumbaities dislike the slow pace of Pune. It can be said with some certainty of course that it depends on in which kind of a city we were born and brought up.

Wish you good luck for the rest of your trip.